The Guard's Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a place where all the members of The Guard can talk, read about updates, and get info on future clan contests! So come on in and sign up!

You are not connected. Please login or register

My Own Story

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1My Own Story Empty My Own Story Sun Apr 17, 2011 7:05 pm

R.G

R.G
Forum Development Team/Co-Administrator

I coughed up blood, I looked at it curiously.

Gah, why did the company have to close down? I could be having a nice normal life right now and not work as a mercenary.

"Rafael, take the your soldiers and go mount your steeds. The enemy is closing in upon us blood will be shed." My captain barked at me. He was a tall strong man who could strike fear into anyone foolish enough to look him in the eye. But I simply laughed at the man's stature, he may look like a formidable foe but that made no difference. I feared no one. I nodded at my captain and barked at my men to get on their horses.

I looked and saw a group of soldiers marching toward us, the numbers seemed to have been around oh, a lot. My soldier's eyes went wide with fear. We had expected the numbers to be around 700, but the numbers here neared 1000! I simply laughed at my men. "What? Think this battle will end up with us on the ground dead? Look closer their formations are are in confusion. They're in disarray they're commander is a stupid man he just sent them charging at us like idiots!"

They leaned over their horses and saw that the soldiers were bumping each other and tripping over trying to charge at us like wild boars the man in front wore massive armor and looked like a steel giant carrying a massive Battle Axe, this man seemed to be the commander. Hm, I'll kill the fool of a commander first. I thought amused. My thoughts wandered for a moment. I laughed, how did I end up in this sort of place, filled with brutes and savages? Then the army clashed against us.

"So your the famed mercenary everyone wants to hire, eh?" The commander of the other army looked at me-- well I thought he was his helmet was massive and he loomed over me like a giant. I looked at him analyzing his armor and looked for a spot that would be the best to hit to end the fight quickly. Then I saw it, it was a small spot, just at the edge of his neck their was a thin piece of armor, that would hardly withstand a small knife.

"What are you looking at, mercenary?" His voice boomed.

"Oh nothing I just know that I'm gonna win this fight." I smiled.

"Oh, yes? How do you know that?"

"Because..."

"Gah, stop playing jokes on me mercenary!" And he grabbed his mighty axe and swung it at me.

"Stupid!" I yelled and jumped landing just at the edge of his axe. I smiled and leaped right over the man. Quick as a fox I slid my sword out and sliced at his neck. His body went limp he dropped his weapon and fell his eyes filled with shock and surprise.

The fighting stopped. Someone yelled, "He has slain our commander! Run for your lives!" Then the army ran dropping their weapons and shields, and with a clanging of armor bumping upon each other the army fled.

I looked at my commander his face pale with shock. And said to him, "My money please." And he handed it over and looked at me and replied, "What are you?"

"A mercenary." And I vanished.

http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/245034-r-g

2My Own Story Empty Re: My Own Story Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:21 pm

R.G

R.G

I popped back into my hideout, I sighed.

Why did this happen to me...? I thought looking at my small shed that I had found during my travels. I placed the gold I had earned into my safe, carefully locking it I muttered a few words and the vault glowed for a minute and then the light died out. Satisfied that my gold was safe from harm, I went to bed.

I need to find a better place a better life... Then my eyes slowly fell and I slipped into the land of dreams.

The next day I set out to find more "able" army commanders looking for some mercenaries.

"Well, look who decided to crawl out of bed!" I turned around to see my two brothers walking towards me. The three of us had a hard life and all of us worked together, a group of mercenaries looking for gold and a place to sleep. They had served another army in battle while I helped another. We were looking for a commander for all of us to fight together.

"Where were you two yesterday? When I came home no one was home."

-------------------------------
(Still in Progress)

http://legendsofzork.com/heroes/245034-r-g

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum